Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Scoliosis Operation - Pre Op Discussion

Mikaail's surgeon contacted me on Monday, 9 May to ask if I would be comfortable if he is away the weekend after the operation.  I was a little surprised that he asked about it.  Anyway, I asked him instead is there anything I should be concerned and also if there is any other doctors who would be monitoring my son's condition in his absence.

Sure, his team will be attending to my son during the period he is away and that he will also be contactable, if need be.

Can I stop the surgeon from being away?  Definitely not.  Can I reschedule the operation?  Possible though not likely as we've waited for almost 6 months!  We decided to proceed with the operation.

Went to the hospital on Tuesday, 10 May for Mikaail to be admitted.  Met with his surgeon as well as he wanted to have a quick look at Mikaail before surgery on Wednesday.  Everything is good to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment