Sunday, November 20, 2011

MRT Ride on Friday, 18 November 2011

It was a pleasantly smooth trip for us today on the MRT.  Mikaail has 2 medical appointments: one in National University Hospital and the other in Tan Tock Seng Hospital.

For a start, I was unaware that the MRT station at NUH is now opened.  My husband, Alex, told me that the station at NUH should have been opened since the Circle Line is now opened.  As I am unfamiliar with the stations, I called SMRT to find out where I should board the trains.

The SMRT operator was quite helpful.  She told me from Woodlands MRT station, I would need to change trains at Jurong East then board the train bound for Buona Vista.  Then from Buona Vista, board the train towards Kent Ridge which is 2 stations away.  Total travelling time was barely an hour and this includes waiting and transfer time.  To board the train to Kent Ridge, we need to walk about for about 5 minutes from Buona Vista station.

As it was offpeak time, there was no rush at all.  The ride was absolutely smooth and manoeuvring in and out of the MRT was a breeze!  I just couldn't believe it.  The fare for each of us from Woodlands MRT to Kent Ridge Station is $1.89!  A taxi ride from Woodlands to NUH would have cost us a lot more!

And one of the other benefits for taking the MRT was there was no need to transfer Mikaail in and out of his wheelchair into taxis.

No comments:

Post a Comment